European Theater of Operations
The European Theater of Operations, United States Army (ETOUSA) was a United States Army formation which directed US Army operations in parts of Europe from 1942 to 1945. It referred to Army Ground Forces, United States Army Air Forces, and Army Service Forces operations north of Italy and the Mediterranean coast, in the European Theater of World War II. It was bordered to the south by the North African Theater of Operations, US Army (NATOUSA), which later became the Mediterranean Theater of Operations (MTOUSA).
In this context we will use it to describe all operations conducted by Allied troops in the European Theatre of War from 1939 - 1945.
The main campaigns and operations for which we have images are:
- Britain in NW Europe September 1939 - June 1944
- Normandy Campaign June 6, 1944 – July 24, 1944
- Northern France Campaign July 25, 1944 – September 14, 1944
- Southern France Campaign
- Rhineland Campaign
- Ardennes–Alsace Campaign December 16, 1944 – January 25, 1945 ("Battle of the Bulge")
- Central Europe Campaign March 22, 1945 – May 11, 1945